HEAD OF PRODUCTION
REVEL is seeking a Head of Production who is keen and ready to make a significant impact on the global experience and events stage.
The role, based in Collingwood, will see the successful candidate coordinate and execute over 30 major events annually both here in Australia and abroad. It will require them to travel often to many of the countries and cities REVEL operates in. They will help lead, drive and coordinate both our local and international teams.
Does this sound like you?
REVEL is a global experience and media company hell bent on creating remarkable experiences that people love and learn from. Our events, focused primarily around our love of wine and food (in that order!), include showstoppers like Pinot Palooza, MOULD – A Cheese Festival, Sake Matsuri, Oinofilia.wine and more.
We run events in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong, and have plans to expand into the USA (and beyond!) in the very near future.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment and live to conquer new challenges and new cities. You have extensive event experience and excel at event planning, budgeting, management, reporting, supplier relationships and more. It’s your thing.
You love working with a small and dynamic team and lead with empathy and respect, always. You’re constantly curious about ways to improve our events. You care deeply about our guests, our winery and food exhibitors, our suppliers and each event’s financials.
In short, you really give a shit about what you do.
Although you’ll report to the CEO, you can work autonomously and feel confident making clear and considered decisions; and can take responsibility for them.
You don’t see problems; only solutions.
You exude and thrive on positivity.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have extensive event experience and a deep understanding of event financials and fiscal reporting, including tracking budget costs throughout the course of projects and communicating scope changes that effect the bottom line.
- Understand profit margins and effectively meet or exceed them (but not at the expense of the experience)
- Have strong people management skills and be able to manage teams both in Australia and abroad and be empathetic and respectful to cultural diversities within.
- Not just be a manager, but a mentor to other team members.
- Know how to manage and respect relationships suppliers and key stakeholders and understand we can’t do what we do without them.
- Be willing to work a flexible schedule based on the events and changing priorities of the team. This includes weekend and evening work.
- Be highly organised and time proficient.
- Love to create meaningful post-event reports for both internal and external use.
- Have an in-depth understanding of technology and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Slack, Dropbox, Xero, Airtable and WordPress, or be able to grasp new tools quickly.
- A valid Australian driver’s licence and passport.
- The ability to travel both interstate and internationally.
The role is based in Collingwood, Melbourne and the salary is negotiable for the right human.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
So, if you’re keen to join the REVEL family, please apply by sending a cover letter and resumé to both firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com