FOOD EXHIBITOR BIBLE
READ THIS BIBLE – IT WILL ANSWER ALL LIFE’S QUESTIONS (OR AT LEAST YOUR PINOT PALOOZA-RELATED ONES!)
- REGISTER AND UPLOAD ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION – ASAP
- REGISTER COMPLIANCE DOCUMENTS – 1 month prior to event
- ORDER/RECEIVE YOUR SQUARE HARDWARE – 1 month prior to the event
- SHARE THE LOVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA – From confirmation of registration.
PINOT PALOOZA 2018 EVENT DATES
PERTH: Saturday August 4th, Claremont Showgrounds
ADELAIDE: Saturday August 11th, Morphetville Racecourse
AUCKLAND: Saturday September 8th, Shed 10
CHRISTCHURCH: Sunday September 9th, The Foundry
WELLINGTON: Saturday September 15th, Mac’s Function Centre
MELBOURNE: Saturday October 6th, Royal Exhibition Centre
SYDNEY: Sunday October 7th, Carriageworks
BRISBANE: Saturday October 13th, Brisbane Showgrounds
As Pinot Palooza is a celebration of all things Pinot Noir, we ask that your main offering be suitable for the grape variety and to keep people drinking and having a great time. When planning your menu, here are some things to consider:
- Think drinking food. People are spending the day tasting wine and drinking beer. What do you want to eat when you’re drinking? Lots of hearty, meaty, filling, carby goodness. Like chips.
- Portion sizes – people are drinking. Think substantial.
- We ALWAYS get asked about vegetarian/vegan and gluten free options, and we need options for them. If you can do something vegan too, our peskiest friends will be happy. For 2018 we ask that all menus are 50% vegetarian, or as close to as possible, with a vegan option.
- Price-wise, the sweet spot is the $10-$15 mark. You will sell way more food if you keep it under $15.
- You will be serving almost all your meals in the space of four hours. Depending on the event, that can be 800+ portions in that time. You need food that you can smash out really quickly.
- Think easy-to-eat. People are on their feet, with a glass of wine in one hand. Food that can be eaten with one hand is a winner.
- DON’T RUN OUT OF FOOD!
We’ll help curate the overall menu to ensure there are no double-ups with other food producers, and to ensure we’re providing an exciting, diverse offering for all attendees.
MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT RUN OUT OF FOOD!
On average, we sell at least 1.1 meals per person. This also includes exhibitors and staff. One week out from each event, we’ll let you know how many people are coming, and how many meals we expect you’ll sell based on the number of food providers we have coming on the day. Again, DO NOT RUN OUT OF FOOD. We cannot stress this enough.
LICENSING & COMPLIANCE
You must submit an application for a Temporary Food Stalls Permit. This MUST be submitted one month in advance – so make sure you do this before September 7th. You must also confirm with firstname.lastname@example.org when this is complete.
You must lodge a Statement of Trade on Streatrader, before September 7th. You must also confirm with Claudia when this is complete. Go to the Streatrader website, click ‘Login’ if you have an existing Streatrader account or ‘Register’ if not, and follow the prompts.
It is your responsibility to ensure your Food Handling Documentation is up to date. Please make sure your team are sufficiently certified to be handling and serving food. We collect copies of these upon your registration however please ensure you bring your own copies on site on the day.
We love social and digital; it’s where we live. And we know how time poor everyone is so we’ve put together a social media cheat sheet, including suggested copy for Instagram, Facebook, twitter and your e-newsletter as well as images, to make it easier for you.
All you need to do is CLICK HERE and get promoting.
Below is a basic run sheet for all events, but please note service times are different in each city. Please note the time of the briefing. THIS IS COMPULSORY so please do not be late.
- 8am Venue access begins
- 8am Team REVEL Arrive
- 9am Food Producers begin to arrive
- 11.15am Staff briefing
- 11.30pm Producer Briefing (COMPULSORY!) (MEL, SYD, BNE)
- 12.30pm Producer Briefing (COMPULSORY!) (PERTH, ADL)
- 12pm Doors open (MEL, SYD BNE)
- 1pm Doors open
- 1pm Food Service starts
- 6.00pm EVENT ENDS – PACK UP!
- 6.00pm Food Service ends – pack up
- 9.00pm Venue access ends
We will provide:
- 1 x serving bar. In Melbourne this is a 1.2m pallet bar. In other cities this is a 1.8m trestle with black cloth.
- 1 x trestle table for bench/prep space behind you
- Power – you must advise your specific requirements in your registration. We provide 10amp power only. Any other power requirements may incur additional costs.
- A roof – you will either be inside, or if outside, we will provide a 3x3m marquee
- 1 x event wine glass
- Coolroom or fridge access may be provided depending on the city however you do need to advise your specific requirements in your registration
You need to bring everything else you need for cooking and serving, including but not limited to:
- Mobile hand wash and utensil wash stations as required by food permits – in Melbourne there is hand wash facilities in the kitchen near the stand. If you are doing any prep/cooking at your stand (not in the kitchen) you will need to bring hand wash facilities
- Standalone branding (e.g. pop up banner or tabletop)
- Menu signage
- Floor surfacing – if your cooking and serving is likely to get messy… e.g. deep fryers! (please note any damage to venue floors will be on-charged to the culprit!)
- Disposable plates, cutlery and napkins
- Cookers, fryers and any other cooking equipment
- Cleaning products
- Fire extinguisher (if required)
TAG AND TEST
ALL electrical equipment needs to be tagged and tested. THIS IS COMPULSORY and a requirement of the venues.
SALES & COMMISSION – AUSTRALIAN EVENTS ONLY
REVEL has partnered with Square POS system for all AUSTRALIAN events in 2018. The use of Square is a requirement of participation as a food producer. Square will provide hardware for you FOC – it is yours to keep and can be used outside of our events if you choose. Square is solely a POS system and you will have to manage your own ordering system at the event.
Please note that in order to manage commission, Square will provide REVEL with a sales report of each food vendor’s takings from the day. You need to sign a CONSENT FORM to authorise Square to share your data with us. Please use the DOCU SIGN link to do this.
Following the event, REVEL will invoice you directly for 10% of your daily sales in lieu of a set participation fee, as per event guidelines.
To redeem your offer:
- Click here to sign up for your free Square account. It will only take 2 – 3 minutes!
- You’ll be prompted to verify your identity and link your bank account. This is so Square knows where to deposit your payments!
- You’ll be prompted to order a Reader. Select ‘Contactless and Chip Reader’, and on the checkout screen enter Promo Code REVEL.
- Your order will be reduced to $0, enter your shipping details and Square will send your Reader to you for free!
If you have any questions about the system or account sign up, call Square’s local support team on 1800 760 137. Note that you will need to be signed into your Square account to redeem this promo code. This promo code entitles you to one free Reader only.
We recommend you sign up and place your order ASAP to allow time for shipping.
Once you’ve ordered your Square Reader, download the free Square Point of Sale app to your smartphone or tablet that you’ll use to accept payments on at PINOT PALOOZA. When your free Square Reader arrives, connect it to your device and take a test payment!
SALES & COMMISSION – NEW ZEALAND
As we do not have a payment partner for NZ (unfortunately Square is not available in the NZ market) we simply ask that you provide us with your daily sales report within 48hours of the event. From this report, we will invoice you for 10% commission.
Please send your reports directly to Peter.
CODE OF CONDUCT
We’re really stoked to be working with you, but in order for this arrangement to work there are a couple of things that are really important for you to agree to.
- Make sure you leave the area you’re working in at least as clean as it was when you arrived.
- Take everything with you – including waste oil
- If there is a possibility your set-up will cause damage to the venue, it is your responsibility to make sure you protect the space. That means heat-proof and/or oil-proof mats under your working space
- Make sure you are sufficiently prepared to deal with the numbers we are expecting on the day. Expect to get slammed – make sure you are ready.
- If some or all of your operation is outside, you must be aware of the weather and make sufficient preparations to make sure you won’t be affected by it.
- If there’s anything you’re unsure about, please get in touch in advance of event day. It’s really easy for us to help you before the event. Once we’re on-site it’s harder to do.
Basically, make like a boy scout and BE PREPARED!